Metabolic Typing – The Diet You Were Designed To Eat. The idea of metabolic typing (MT) isn’t new – it’s been around for thousands of years. And as I explained in the last article – in case you’ve just landed here MT is the best dietary tool in the world today for identifying the foods that we are designed to eat – the foods that are right for our genetics.
There is no other system, tool or diet in existence that comes remotely close to MT in identifying the exact foods that are right for YOU.
It is absolutely essential to have a tool to identify the foods that are right for your genetics because we are all so different in the foods we require to be healthy.
If we identify what foods are right for our metabolism – it means we can follow an eating plan that will work with our metabolism and help us to be healthy.
But just as importantly – it will enable us to eliminate foods that will work against our metabolism and make us unhealthy.
So how does metabolic typing work?
The Healthexcel system of Metabolic Typing is a test that analyzes the body’s 11 Fundamental Homeostatic Control Systems which make up human metabolism.
There is no other system that is as comprehensive in its analysis of our metabolc machinery as metabolic typing is. And this is what makes it the best tool on the planet today for identifying what foods we should eat and what foods we should avoid.
After being tested, you are given a dietary system that you can follow with confidence and that will maximise your health – instead of bouncing from diet to diet trying to work out what is best for you and relying on the ‘pot luck’ factor.
MT is really complex subject that has been developed and worked out by scientists who had a desire to figure out how our bodies work. Don’t believe anyone who tells you that human nutrition is a simple matter – they probably have something to sell you.
But the beauty of metabolic typing is that you don’t need to understand the science behind it – to have it work for you. The work has already been done and all that you need to have it work for you is the ability to answer a questionnaire about yourself and the ability to follow instructions.
So if the science of metabolic typing doesn’t interest you – you can go to the bottom of the page and skip to the next article if you like. But if it does interest you, read on for an overview of MT and I would also highly recommend you read this book by William Wolcott.
Below is an overview of what is analyzed from the questionnaire you will complete when taking the metabolic typing test. I have compiled a list of the systems that are analyzed in the test and some facts that metabolic typing has uncovered.
The Fundamental Homeostatic Control Systems that make up human metabolism
- Autonomic Nervous System (master regulator of metabolism, neuro-endocrine/hormonal balance) You could be sympathetic or parasympathetic dominant or balanced.
- Carbo-Oxidative System (conversion of nutrients to energy via carbohydrate metabolism, involving Glycolysis, Citric Acid (Krebs) Cycle, Beta Oxidation) You could have fast oxidation, slow oxidation or be a mixture of the two.
The above two systems are the main systems that influence all of the others and the balance of these is essential. The systems below will tell a lot about what is going on beneath the surface but they are secondary compared to the above.
- Steroidal Hormone Balance (DHEA/Androgens/Estrogens Pathway vs. Preferential Stress Pathway (Progesterone/Cortisol).
- Neurotransmitter Balance (brain chemistry balance and function) Excitatory vs. Inhibitory Neurotransmitters.
- Lipo-Oxidative Processes (involving fatty acids/sterols balance, cell membrane permeability, aerobic/anaerobic metabolism) Catabolic vs. Anabolic.
- Electrolyte/Fluid Balance – Electrolyte Excess vs. Electrolyte Deficiency.
- Acid/Alkaline Balance (6 potential acid/alkaline imbalances, resulting from 7 causal factors which are autonomic, carbo-oxidative, lipo-oxidative, electrolyte/fluid balance, respiratory function, endocrine efficiencies (kidney, adrenal, ovary, teste, thyroid, posterior pituitary, parathyroid), chronic dietary imbalance with respect to acid/alkaline pH of foods]Acid vs. Alkaline.
- Prostaglandin Balance – Series 1 + Series 3 Prostaglandins vs. Series 2 Prostaglandins.
- Endocrine System (Endocrine Type as per dominant energy gland)Pituitary gland, Thyroid gland, Adrenal and Gonad .
- ABO Blood Type – Type O vs. Type A vs. Type B vs. Type AB.
- Constitutional Elements (constitutional qualities of foods interacting with the constitutional qualities of the body).
Now as you can see there is nothing is left to chance and because all of these bodily systems that make up human metabolism are analyzed in a metabolic typing test – so there is ‘no stone left unturned’.
This is the reason why metabolic typing is the best tool available today for identifying the right foods for your genetics.
Don’t worry if none of this means anything to you because as I have said you don’t need to understand metabolic typing to have it work for you – you only need to be able to follow instructions and a diet sheet that lists foods in red and foods in green.
More facts about metabolic typing and the way our bodies work.
- The primary control systems of your metabolism are the Autonomic Nervous System, the Carbo-Oxidative system and the Lipo-Oxidative System and these are the movers and shakers in terms of blood PH.
- Any food or nutrient may produce opposite effects in different metabolic types depending on which control system is in dominance. This is why it’s important to find out your type so that you don’t stimulate the side of your metabolism that’s already strong and further imbalance your system. This is what causes symptoms and this the reason why the old adage ‘one man’s food is another man’s poison’ is absolutely accurate.
- Every human being has a dominant system which is either the Autonomic Nervous System or the Carbo-Oxidative system. This is what is known as the ‘Dominance Factor’.
- Your metabolic type determines how your body reacts to food – not the food itself.
- It is how foods impact your Fundamental Homeostatic Control systems which decide whether a food will have an acidifying or alkalizing effect on your blood ph – and thus whether a food is good for you or not. So the idea that meat makes you acid and fruit and vegetables make you alkaline is a fallacy as far as body’s biochemistry goes.
- What can correct a condition in one person (type), can have no effect on a second person and worsen a condition in a third person.
- Nutrients or foods are what will balance or imbalance the control mechanisms of your metabolism.
- Diseases are not the problems they are the symptoms, they are not the things that should be primarily treated. It is the imbalances in the control systems that cause the symptoms so it is these systems that need to be addressed and not the symptoms themselves.
- Different diseases can be caused by the same metabolic type imbalance.
- The same disease can be caused by different metabolic type imbalances.
- Metabolic Typing treats the person who has the disease not the disease that has the person.
- Any food or nutrient will have different effects on different metabolic types.
As you can see I’m not high faluting MT as being the healthiest diet in the world just because of my own anecdotal evidence.
Don’t just take my word for it – check it out for yourself.
I wanted to know the science behind it so I studied it and it stands up. Now don’t get me wrong I am not a scientist but I am not stupid either.
I have seen it work for myself, many other people, it is working for hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world and the logic stands up – check it out for yourself.
MT is a totally holistic health building system but it isn’t main stream in case you’re wondering why you haven’t heard of it. It is spread by word of mouth and hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world are now using it and enjoying the benefits.
And even though human health should have the benefits of holistic science the reality of the situation is much different.
Because of what Ray Peat calls ‘reductionism’ in science – human health is deteriorating in spite of the extravagant claims to the contrary. (Reductionism is reducing the very complex to sound very simple – to make something is easier to sell)
Medicine and biology have become very product orientated and holistic methods are always on the ‘fringe’ and are quickly labelled ‘quackery’ by the ‘scientific dogmatists’ because a lot of these non toxic methods don’t generate great revenue and are obviously seen as a threat to the medical economy.
Some important scientific discoveries from the last 100 years have been ignored by the ‘scientific’ community in favour of simpler and more saleable ‘reductionist’ thinking that can generate greater revenue or continual income if people are kept in the dark.
The metabolic typing diet is nutrition’s best kept secret
MT is one such example and if everyone used this holistic nutrition and health building system there would be massive improvements in health and this might take away a huge chunk of the need for the multibillion dollar drug industry.
The bottom line is this:
Metabolic typing works and it works every time better than anything I have ever came across.
You can find more about the research, evidence and scientists who brought us MT here.
And you can discover the benefits if taking a metabolic typing test and following the diet here.